Tweets, for your perusal...

    follow me on Twitter

    Like this blog? Help support it!

    Things I like on Etsy

    Friday, November 02, 2007

    Virtual Beowulf

    I saw the trailer for the upcoming Beowulf movie, and honestly I wasn't that impressed. Not that I was expecting the same kind of impressed I was when I watched the Lord of the Rings trailer for the first time.

    I loved reading Beowulf as a kid, but I'm afraid I'm going to be one of those awful people who pick apart a movie because some liberties were taken with the plot. Or the characters. Or whatever isn't quite 'right'.


    I dug around on the official Beowulf movie website hoping for more, something that could make me love this movie enough to shell out the $9 or more that it costs now for a movie ticket. Maybe I would stumble across a some golden treasure that would reassure me that yet another one of the classics isn't about to be murdered.

    And LO! In the special features area of the website I discovered that a whole island has been created in Second Life devoted to the Beowulf movie experience! I went at once, armed with just a dagger, into the murky depths that is the virtual world...

    beowulf island


    Suffice to say, I'm still unimpressed.

    UPDATE: Ok, I'm not so sulky, now. While I have used the Movie Quote Generator in the past with some success, having just found the Advertising Slogan Generator turned out to be great comedy timing, otherwise "Beowulf" would have not been on my mind...

    What's In Your Beowulf?

    Enter a word for your own slogan:

    Generated by the Advertising Slogan Generator, .


    You've Always Got Time For Beowulf.

    Enter a word for your own slogan:

    Generated by the Advertising Slogan Generator, for all your slogan needs. Get more Beowulf slogans.


    Things Go Better with Beowulf.

    Enter a word for your own slogan:

    Generated by the Advertising Slogan Generator, .


    Beowulf. It's Everywhere You Wanna Be.

    Enter a word for your own slogan:

    Generated by the Advertising Slogan Generator, for all your slogan needs. Get more Beowulf slogans.


    Promise Her Anything, But Give Her Beowulf.

    Enter a word for your own slogan:

    Generated by the Advertising Slogan Generator, for all your slogan needs. Get more Beowulf slogans.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.