Tweets, for your perusal...

    follow me on Twitter

    Like this blog? Help support it!

    Things I like on Etsy

    Wednesday, July 06, 2005

    Mmmm...Vikings...

    Yet another movie coming up that should appease us historical types. There have been only a couple of good movies in the last 20 years or so with Vikings (a sadly underrepresented category if I ever saw one) being Erik the Viking and the 13th Warrior.

    Slated for release in 2006 is Beowulf and Grendel, which was filmed in Iceland, where the landscape hasn't changed since the original Anglo Saxon epic was written nearly a thousand years ago.

    And, just for the ladies, the stud factor looks pretty high as well.

    More resources on the Beowulf story can be found here, if you feel like learning a little Old English or checking out links to images from the original manuscript.

    1 comment:

    1. Hi! It`s really great page. I`ll looked here often. I invite to my page

      ReplyDelete

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.