Tweets, for your perusal...

    follow me on Twitter

    Like this blog? Help support it!

    Things I like on Etsy

    Tuesday, January 19, 2010

    And now for the Local Digital News...

    It may soon be an anachronism to say that 'My Barony made the local newspaper!'

    So now it's 'My Barony made the local news website!' Which it did.  I recognize lots of people in the photo gallery that accompanies the article, and the reporter has done a great job including many of the other aspects (besides heavy fighting) that make the SCA a fun game for so many non-fighters.

    I am speaking, of course, of Art & Sciences! If anyone wants to view the original Outlands Map, I'll be exhibiting it, along with my scribal pigment kit and a Celtic "Argent Heart" Scroll, at this weekends' Arts and Sciences event that was mentioned in the Broomfield Enterprise news article.  So come on out and see my (and many other super-talented artists) attempt to re-create history!

    The Caer Galen Arts and Sciences Exposition and Faire
    Saturday, January 23rd, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. 
    at Unity Church of Boulder, 2855 Folsom St., Boulder. 
    Map of site


    Site Fees:
    Adult ~ $10
    Youth (6-12) ~ $5
    Child (5 and under) ~ free
    Family Cap ~ $30 (does not include non-member surcharge)
    Non-SCA member Surcharge ~ $3 per person


    Need more information? Here's the complete event schedule from the Barony of Caer Galen's Website.

    2 comments:

    1. Hmm, I thought maybe "digital news" would say what happened to burn your fingers.

      Que pasa?

      ReplyDelete
    2. Good one! I picked up the lid of a very hot dutch oven. Got a few blisters, and now typing is hard with the gauze on.

      ReplyDelete

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.