Tweets, for your perusal...

    follow me on Twitter

    Like this blog? Help support it!

    Things I like on Etsy

    Tuesday, February 07, 2006

    Colorado Renaissance Festival's Water Woes

    Looks like the town of Larkspur just isn't going to give up it's fight for water fees. Well, maybe within the next couple of years, there will be a new location for the RenFaire. One without hills would be nice...

    Wether they move or not, the rumors are having an effect already. Many merchants are considering dropping this Faire from their schedule. (at an $8000 booth fee for eight weeks, I can certainly understand why...) I fear that too many of the 'good' merchants will bail out, leaving us with imported cheap swords from China as our only shopping option. I don't pay $16 just so I can eat an overcooked turkey leg.

    If this Faire moves too far north, it risks competing with Medieval World. If they ever get off the ground, that is.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.