Tweets, for your perusal...

    follow me on Twitter

    Like this blog? Help support it!

    Things I like on Etsy

    Monday, May 16, 2005

    A long break and Coronation goodness!

    Well, I'm certainly glad I got my computer demons banished and I'm able to connect to the internet again. I can't tell you how hard it was for me not to be able to post! I've only done this journalism thing for about six months now, but it's really disturbing to be cut off entirely from the internet.

    Anyway, I've been very busy in the past few weeks with packing and getting ready to move out, processing my unemployment claim and basically having almost everything in my life break all at once.

    I did get a chance to go to Outlands Coronation on May 14th in the wet and drizzly Barony of Dragonsspine. I went with Don Talan and his lady to see morning court and watch the tournaments. Talan was able to move around pretty fast on his crutches, but that didn't stop several Outlanders from catching up to him to chat him up about his injuries and healing process.

    The generosity of this Kingdom is STILL showing itself to this well-loved gentleman. Two of the merchants at Coronation gave Don Talan significant discounts on some new garb. One, the Rose and the Crown, had a stunning blue doublet on display that seemed like it was made just for Talan. Thanks to them for the awesome discount on a quality item! Also, Sebastian the tailor, from the southern portion of our Realm, has just started making venetian pants for us cavalier types. And there was a pair in the exact shade of blue of the doublet.

    I won't tell you how much of a deal was made, because it's almost embarrasing. But I KNOW that you all will want a pair. They even have a cute little codpiece attached. You know you can't resist a cute little codpiece...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.