Tweets, for your perusal...

    follow me on Twitter

    Like this blog? Help support it!

    Things I like on Etsy

    Friday, April 08, 2005

    I finally got to watch an episode of "Young Blades"

    So I took a day off work this week to be sick with a cold. When I'm sick, I like to watch a lot of TV. It's mindless entertainment when the Benadryl kicks in and turns my brain to goo.

    In my previous post about Young Blades, upon learning about this show, I was not very confident that it would be entertaining, accurate or funny. Even with the Benadryl, which usually imparts a degree of surrealism to television, I still had to force myself to watch the whole show.

    I watched the entire episode called "Davinci's Notebook". The plot was mostly about one of the Blades finding a scrap of said notebook, and getting a hold of more of it, then building a weapon from the sketches and instructions. Of course this was all part of the master plan of the bad guy, whose minions swoop in and steal the weapon so that they can defeat the army of the Kings's nephew, or something like that. I don't know. Maybe it was all a bad dream from the drugs.

    Oh, yeah, and one of the Blades is actually a lady masquerading as a man! Of course some peasant wench falls for her/him and much unconfortable 'hilarity' ensues. Did I mention the actress playing this crossdressing character is in real life named Karen Cliche? Funny how that works out.

    I'm skipping this next time it happens to be on. I'd rather watch old MASH reruns.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.