Tweets, for your perusal...

    follow me on Twitter

    Like this blog? Help support it!

    Things I like on Etsy

    Friday, May 07, 2010

    Mapping the Angles

    So for the last 10 years or so I've been freelancing for a great Boulder company called Renaissance Adventures, drawing maps for their various quests,  adventures, rule books, coloring books and of course, their website.

    Their fictional world has never been fully mapped....until now. Well, actually it might be only half of the whole world, but at least there's a bunch of new land on the main continent to explore. Since they have not yet published it, I can't show you the whole thing, but I got some nice closeups of some of the new areas.

    And I discovered something so amazingly cool I jumped up and down like a little girl and screamed: If you take a short focal length photo at approximately a 45 degree angle of a map that is drawn on a 45 degree angle, it becomes very 3-D looking! Like all those pretty tilt-shift photos...



    I think my favorite place to draw was the craters on the coast, but the jungle mountainous peninsula sure looks like a nice place to visit. Maybe I should read up on the adventures they have planned for those locations before I make any vacation plans...I wouldn't want to run into any monsters!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.