Tweets, for your perusal...

    follow me on Twitter

    Like this blog? Help support it!

    Things I like on Etsy

    Wednesday, March 26, 2008

    Henna, Part Deux

    Before I ever started writing in this blog, I used to do henna body art as a business. Some of you may actually remember me disappearing from the summer SCA events, because I was always working on weekends.

    Well, I decided to pick it back up again, which is why I haven't been posting too much lately. I have been getting my hands used to hennaing again. I thought for sure I had lost some percentage of the use of my hands or something in the last few years since I've done this.

    It has been since 2002, officially, but I find it's mostly like riding a bike. A little wobbly at first, but my technique came back after some practice. I'm certainly not going to immerse myself into the henna event lifestyle as much as I did the first time around. No way - I value my sanity. Definitely not working at OZZFEST this time, either. And now there's a partner involved; makes things much more fun and easy.

    We decided upon the name Trance Caravan. I'm sure you'll all be wanting to see the photos I've taken of our work over the last few sessions, so visit the gallery, where the most recent photos will appear at the beginning of the slideshow.

    Oh, and if anyone one is in the Boulder, CO area this Saturday March 29th, drop by the Whole Health Expo between 11 and 5, and I'll discount your $5 admission price off any $20 (or more) design. But you must mention this blog post to get your discount!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.