Tweets, for your perusal...

    follow me on Twitter

    Like this blog? Help support it!

    Things I like on Etsy

    Tuesday, January 22, 2008

    How it's Made: Modern medieval swords and armor!

    The Discovery Channel has my respect, and I realize there's a high degree of skill and craftsmanship involved in this process, but I long for the good old-fashioned 'dark ages' way of hand forged metal.

    At least the mass production process allows for all of us non-nobility to own weapons and armor in these modern times.



    Wow, that was pretty cool, but it sure killed my medieval buzz. At least armoring seems to involve a bit more hand-working the metal. I bet the use of power tools sure speeds up the turnaround time for a suit.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.