Tweets, for your perusal...

    follow me on Twitter

    Like this blog? Help support it!

    Things I like on Etsy

    Monday, July 23, 2007

    Sutton Hoo Cake

    One of the very first bad jokes I ever learned in the SCA was,

    Knock knock.

    Who's there?

    Sutton.

    Sutton Who?

    Yes, awful, isn't it? But that's what you get for hanging around with Saxons. Now I can't look at that beautiful ornate helmet without hearing that joke.

    At one time I thought it would be nice to learn metal tooling and make decorative reproductions of such masterpieces, but a half a day with a chisel and punch taught me why blacksmiths need to be burly.

    As amazing as the original is, this Sutton Hoo Cake, which I read about on Unlocked Wordhoard but was originally found on Studenta Mira, is much more my speed. I wonder if I still have my cake decorating kit...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.