Tweets, for your perusal...

    follow me on Twitter

    Like this blog? Help support it!

    Things I like on Etsy

    Sunday, December 11, 2005

    Les Tres Belles Heures de Baron de Caer Galen

    I wanted to post about this event coming up, but I was pretty nervous about it. You see, I was TOLD to be there. Then I thought: Oh, no. The only time one is TOLD to attend is when you've done something very wrong, or very right. Either way, you are called into court.

    Silly me thinking that this was all about me! Turns out that my fencer friend Cecily was elevated into the order of the White Scarf. Huzzah for the newest lady Donya of the Outlands!

    And I even wore a nice dress just in case. My Don, Talan, just wanted to make sure I was there to see it. There has been only two women in the Outlands made White Scarves since I started fencing, and I didn't get to see the other ceremony. It was fabulous, and of course many people cried. I even got a little misty.

    Even though court was long, it was punctuated with much humor, and Kamadevi's harp playing during the slow parts. We were well entertained. Caer Galen has found their successors to the Baronial thrones, war plans are being made and there is much to do for this Reign.

    Speaking of the King, do you know how funny it is to get caught by His Royal Majesty sneaking out of the Royal Room, following closely behind Don Dio? Kind of makes you guilty no matter WHAT anyone thinks we were doing in there. Trust me, it was very serious business indeed. Even though His Maj gave me THAT look. But if you ARE reading this, I did eat three dates off your food table. In that I am guilty. But look on the bright side: I can honestly say that your food had not been poisoned.

    Ah, but I just love the Crowns. It's hard NOT to want to do great things for them. And, as it seems I'll be experiencing a great deal of free time in the next two months, I'll be able to work hard on an updated version of the Outlands Map, which will be ready for Estrella War.

    This is the 20th anniversary of the Outlands. I had shown up on the doorstep of the Barony of Dragonsspine in 1993, when she was only 8 years old. Hard to imagine the last twelve years have made me what I am now in the SCA.

    Heh. And I'm STILL nervous about the possibility of being called into court.

    Especially now.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.