Tweets, for your perusal...

    follow me on Twitter

    Like this blog? Help support it!

    Things I like on Etsy

    Monday, September 05, 2005

    A knight in shining armor...

    A few of you locals got to meet a new friend of mine while he was in town. I took him to fencing practice (one in Caer Galen and the other in Unser Hafen) and he was a natural. Super enthusiastic, and if he keeps with it to hone that point control, we've all got another sword to fear.

    Anyway, let's just say my new friend made a great impression on me, other than on the fencing field. He is one of the most honorable men I have met in years. This is not to say that all my current friends are dishonorable rogues, (well, OK, some of them are...) but I have had the bar raised, and now you all have a much higher standard to live up to.

    He enlisted after 9/11 because he thought that he had to step up and do something. Served time in Iraq under conditions that would rival our worst nightmares. Trust me when I say that the American people are not getting the whole story. He has somehow come out of his experience with his heart intact and a desire to inspire hope in the people he meets.

    He is traveling the country on his Harley, visiting new places and reconnecting with friends that he hasn't seen in four years. I am grateful to have met this amazing man, as I was getting pretty far down on myself in my life, and not really having enough hope to push on through the unemployment, drama and disasters that have happened in recent months.

    Now, I see the road before me, and I am not hesitant to walk it. Or get on a motorcycle and ride it.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.