Tweets, for your perusal...

    follow me on Twitter

    Like this blog? Help support it!

    Things I like on Etsy

    Friday, August 19, 2005

    Yo ho, yo ho, a cartographers life for me!

    Ok, that's not a catchy as a "Pirate's life", but hey, I get seasick. Not that I have anything to worry about in Colorado. Yeah, I might accidentally step in a puddle.

    Anyway, I know this is 'mundane', but I'm going out later today to apply for a job. I've been trying to get back into the field of museum exhibit fabrication for years, and what do you know, there's an opening right here in Loveland. Within a TEN minute drive. Last time I did this, I was living on the east coast, and I understood (at the time) that 99% of all fab shops were east or west coast, so moving to Colorado would really hurt my chances.

    Being that they make big earth and space simulations, this will really help with my deep and abiding desire for all things cartographic. Except I'd be getting paid. Imagine!

    I'll be happy just to get an interview. Happier still if I get a job, of course. Then I can regale you all with a stunning play-by-play of my work life, too.

    Yo, ho indeed.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.