Tweets, for your perusal...

    follow me on Twitter

    Like this blog? Help support it!

    Things I like on Etsy

    Saturday, May 02, 2009

    Summer's coming, that means Renaissance Faires!

    Yeah, I know, for those of you who live in Southern California or Arizona, you've already had your fill of jugglers, gypsies and pickle-sellers, but those of us in colder climes are just getting warmed up for our yearly dose of frivolous fun from the renaissance ages.

    If you've got the time, why not sit a spell and watch this hour long documentary: "Renny - A Festival Way of Life." You'll learn stories behind the stories, how performers got their start, and what really goes on behind the curtains, after the crowds leave...and you may even see a few familiar faces, because many of these Rennies travel from Fair to Fair, all over the country.



    Our local Colorado Renaissance Festival doesn't start til mid-June, so there's still time to get a good costume together if you are lacking in that department. Or, just show up in modern clothes and buy something beautiful from the merchants. Every dime you spend at the RenFair supports the lifestyle of these crazy rennies!

    To think, when I was a teen, going to King Richard's Faire, I could have gone down this road so easily...I think I told my mom in a fit of teenage angst that I was going to run away and join the RenFair.

    She said, "Honey, you're a walking RenFair already. No need to go chasing it when it's inside you." Smart mom.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.