Tweets, for your perusal...

    follow me on Twitter

    Like this blog? Help support it!

    Things I like on Etsy

    Sunday, October 07, 2007

    Happy RezDay to Me!

    Today is my third 'rez-day'. Three years ago today I signed into Second Life for the very first time. Three is OLD, considering most of the growth there has been in the last year or so.

    This was pointed out to me earlier this evening, while I was 'virtually' hanging out in Washburne, an area created by Firefly and Serenity fans.

    I had stumbled across their
    weekly virtual Browncoat Shindig and found myself relaxing next to a campfire. I made sure to wear my "No Space Monkeys Allowed" shirt and busted out a bottle of Blue Sun liquor. I thought it strange, that in my real life, the dancers would be nearest the fire, and for once, I had it pretty much to myself the whole time.

    While many others were dancing and having themselves a great time, one of the revelers mentioned it was my rezday, and sure enough, it was. I was floored with the "coincidentalness" of it all.

    I mean, what are the odds I'd inadvertently be celebrating my virtual birthday with total strangers who are Browncoats??

    I think I just gained +3 to my geek skill.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.